ABOUT THIS COURSE
The fourth industrial revolution, also known as Industry 4.0, is affecting almost every industry worldwide and rapidly transforming how businesses operate. The Diploma in Aerotropolis Industry 4.0 (Mechatronics Skills) is designed to equip students with the relevant employability skills required to successfully navigate Aerotropolis Industry 4.0, in addition to equipping students with the skills, knowledge, and attributes required for further studies in Engineering. The Diploma is designed to develop student’s ability to work independently, work within teams, problem solve real-world issues within their field, as well as offering a cultural induction in to the Aerotropolis Industry.
The Diploma is a nested course and students have the option to exit after one year with the Diploma or continue and complete two more years to graduate with the Bachelor of Engineering Science degree. Students may also transfer to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program.
- A unique, collaborative program designed for the first intake of MV students.
- First delivery by Western Sydney University’s College, with links to TAFE NSW and industry participation.
- Activates the longer-term vision for education and training with universities, TAFE, and industry fully integrated.
- Designed in the context of Industry 4.0, transforming almost every industry worldwide and rapidly changing how businesses operate.
- Designed to equip students with the relevant employability skills to successfully navigate Industry 4.0 at the Aerotropolis, plus the skills, knowledge, and attributes for further studies in Engineering.
- Designed to develop students’ ability to work autonomously, work within teams, problem solve real-world issues, a cultural induction in to the Aerotropolis Industry.
- The Diploma provides students with a sound foundation from which to undertake further education and training in degrees in science and engineering at any of the Multiversity Universities. Diploma graduates may be eligible for significant advanced standing into the engineering degrees offered by other Multiversity partners.
- Modular, block-delivery gives new flexibility and choice for students, with nationally approved and recognised outcomes which provide pathways to higher education and/or further skills training.
Students wishing to complete the Diploma through the Multiversity must enrol initially in the integrated Western Sydney University Diploma in Aerotropolis Industry 4.0 (Mechatronics Skills) / Bachelor of Engineering Science. The first year is the Diploma in Aerotropolis Industry 4.0 (Mechatronics Skills), years 2 and 3 are from the Bachelor of Engineering Science. Students who wish to finish their studies after they have successfully completed the first year full time program of this degree would be eligible to be awarded the Diploma of Aerotropolis Industry 4.0 (Mechatronics Skills).
12 months exit with Diploma of Aerotropolis (Mechatronic Skills)
3 years exit with Diploma of Aerotropolis (Mechatronic Skills) / Bachelor of Engineering Science
16 August – 26 September 2021
11 October – 21 November 2021